CIPS Conference: Security and IT Recruitment
Join us virtually Wednesday December 13th at 7:30pm ET for this free CIPS Conference presented by CIPS Ontario, hosting two great guest speakers from the IT industry discussing aspects of security and IT recruitment.
EJ Pappas, Field Technology Officer and Managing Director,
Strategic Accounts – Pkware
Data is Chaos: Navigating the Storm of Data Protection and Security
This engaging talk delves into the chaotic world of data, emphasizing the critical importance of robust data protection and security measures in our increasingly digital era. It explores how the vast and ever-expanding universe of data can be a source of both immense opportunity and significant risk, highlighting the need for sophisticated strategies to manage, protect, and secure data against threats. The discussion includes insights into emerging technologies, regulatory challenges, and best practices for creating a resilient data security framework that can withstand the chaotic nature of today’s digital landscape.
About EJ Pappas:
As the Field Chief Technology Officer and Managing Director of Strategic Accounts at PKWARE, EJ brings over 25 years of security sales experience in exceeding revenue targets, building customer relationships, and leading teams. He is responsible for bridging the gap between technology and business strategy while collaborating directly with customers and partners. Additionally, EJ manages PKWARE’s top eight customers worldwide based on annual contract value (ACV). EJ lives in Boston and is married with four adult kids in his blended family. He loves jazz, his pets Luke and Larry, and time on the riding mower.
Ryan Angelow, Director,
Business Development – Nexus Group
Making the Recruitment Industry work for you
An in-depth discussion surrounding the 3 core tenets of the recruitment industry and general misunderstanding that IT professionals have with the industry. With an overview of the current hiring landscape from a client and agency perspective. While truly breaking down the 3 main reasons that your target company would engage a recruiting agency and their general expectations for their recruitment partner. Highlighting simple tips on how to best partner with recruitment agencies as a candidate, when to do so, and how to ensure maximum benefit from your decision.
About Ryan Angelow:
- IT and Digital Staffing Industry professional since 2009
- Supporting client relationships spanning Fortune 500 organizations through SMB
- Current portfolio composition is roughly 60% contingent staffing (Contract), 30% Services (SOW) and 10% FTE placements
- Managed Nexus Group’s financial services client portfolio for the past ~9 years; while concurrently managing Nexus Group’s Data and Analytics Services portfolio for the past ~4 years
- Part of the Nexus sales organization that experienced ~400% growth since joining in 2013
- Background in hands-on IT recruitment, helping to found a new department dedicated to ERP project staffing